Spread the love to our feathery friends, and decorate your garden, with these adorable DIY birdseed ornaments…
You will need:
- 3 cups of bird seed
- 2 sachets gelatin (10g each)
- 250ml warm water
- Spray and Cook
- Cookie cutters
- Baking paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Sosatie sticks
- Ribbon or string
- Wooden spoon
- Empty the contents of two 10g sachets of gelatin into a mixing bowl.
- Add one cup of warm (not boiling) water and stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add three cups of bird seed and mix well.
- Place the baking paper on a tray and coat with Spray and Cook. Also spray the insides of the cookie cutters. Keep to simple shapes: hearts and circles work best.
- Use a teaspoon to fill each cookie cutter with the bird seed mix. Fill to the top and compress it with your fingers so your filling is quite compacted. Make a hole in the middle of each shape using a piece of sosatie stick. To prevent your ornament from breaking, don’t make the hole too close to the edge of the shape
- Carefully remove the cookie cutters and allow your ornaments to dry for at least six hours. Do not cover.
- Remove the sticks and carefully thread pieces of ribbon through the holes. Now your birdie ornaments are ready to hang in the garden.
This DIY project was brought to you by Builders.