Say yes to rips, cut-outs, fades and bleaching. The distressed denim trend is set to be a mainstay of winter 2017. In fact, its expected to run into spring and summer as well. Find out more about the trend now.
The trend has been spotted on several A-listers
Fashionistas including Rihanna and Kim Kardashian have been spotted wearing distressed jeans. But jackets, shirts and dresses featuring the trend are also in style.
Getting the look right
The trend is perfect on all types of jeans, however, the most popular are skinny, boyfriend or ankle-grazer varieties. When it comes to hues – anything goes. But lighter shades of denim lead the way in style stakes. You can pair your denim with neutral hues for a simple look. In contrast, you can liven up the look with bold pops of colour or prints.
Distressed denim pieces we love
- Dark wash skinnies with slashed knee R249,99 The Fix
- Fitted shirt with bleached detail R499 Foschini
- Acid wash denim shirt R189,99 Mr Price
- Grey biker style jeans R189,95 Ackermans
- Medium blue abraised skinnies R450 Woolworths
- Bleached denim jacket R289,99 Mr Price