Prince’s former girlfriend Anna Fantastic fears the music icon was battling Alzheimer’s disease in the months before his death

The singer and model, who met Prince as a teenager, insists her ex kept his memory loss to himself, but she found out he had been struggling when she attended his funeral last year.

“I heard from a family member that he may have had early onset Alzheimer’s… and he was having problems even remembering certain parts on the guitar,” the Brit, real name Anna Garcia, explains in a new Autopsy documentary about the final days of Prince‘s life.

“That would definitely be devastating and he definitely wouldn’t be able to take that.”

Anna Fantasic became one of Prince‘s muses and moved in with him in Minneapolis, Minnesota when she was 17.

WIN a R 2,000 Woolworths Voucher

Subscribe to our Free Daily All4Women Newsletter to enter

She inspired the Prince songs Pink Cashmere, Vicki Waiting and Lemon Crush, which appeared on the music icon’s 1989 Batman soundtrack.

The music icon was found dead in a Paisley Park elevator in April, 2016. Coroners established that he died from an overdose of the heavy painkiller Fentanyl.

Meanwhile, a top forensic pathologist fears Prince may have been duped into taking a familiar painkiller laced with Fentanyl in the hours before his death last year

Dr. Michael Hunter studied the music icon’s health records for a new U.S. TV documentary in the Autopsy series and his extensive research has led him to believe the tragic star reached for his Percocet pills to help him cope with the pain of a drug withdrawal, not realising he was taking something much stronger.

Prince was found slumped in the elevator at his Paisley Park compound in Minnesota on 21 April, 2016 and a local coroner later ruled he died of a Fentanyl overdose.

Dr. Hunter claims symptoms Prince‘s personal chef noticed in the days before his death suggest the Purple Rain star may have been suffering from drug withdrawal for a week before his death.

“The fever, nausea and cramps that he was experiencing, according to the chef, may have caused him to relapse and reach for what he thought was a familiar painkiller,” the medic says in the revealing new documentary.

“I think that Prince probably didn’t know that the pills he took that night had Fentanyl in them. I believe Prince died from a tragic accident bordering on homicide.”

The pathologist is convinced the music icon obtained his painkillers illegally as there were no records of an official prescription for the pills, which were found littered around his Paisley Park home

Dr. Hunter also agrees with accounts of the music legend’s alleged cocaine addiction, even though there are no medical notes documenting his use of the drug.

He claims the clue to the extent of the singer’s drug problems lie in the medical report of his mid-air emergency a week before his death, when the pilot of a plane carrying the star home after a gig was forced to land in Moline, Illinois, when his famous passenger lost consciousness mid-flight.

Dehydration was listed as the reason behind the health scare, but Dr. Hunter notes paramedics on the scene gave Prince what’s known as “a safe shot” to kick him back into life.

“In almost all cases the safe shot is given to someone who is thought to be having a drug overdose,” he says.

His cocaine use fears echo those of Prince’s biographer, Mick Wall, and Michael Padden, the attorney for the star’s step-sister, Lorna Nelson, who both feature in the new Autopsy documentary

Padden claims his client feared her brother’s cocaine use was so significant that she worried he would suffer a heart attack.

“Cocaine gave him energy to the point that he would have trouble falling asleep for days, and the reason that he took the Percocet was to come down from the euphoric high of the cocaine,” the attorney explains.

Author: WENN