So the big day is looming ahead of you…you are about to turn 30 and officially leave your youth behind. At least thatâ??s what society tells us, but whoâ??s to say that itâ??s the teenagers and twenty-somethings that have all the fun?
In fact, the truth is that age is just a number and what you get out of your life at any stage depends entirely on what you put into it.
Embrace the thirties
With that in mind, there is no reason to dread turning 30, and here are ten reasons exactly why:
1. You are at that ideal age, somewhere between the immaturity of youth and the wisdom of age. You can mix both together and enjoy the best of each.
2. You no longer have to ask permission. Your choices are your own and it’s time to own them, that can be a frightening thought but it can be exhilarating.
3. You may finally be getting in touch with the real you. The days of “finding yourself” generally wind down now and you can settle in to simply being you.
4. Most people have a list of things they want to accomplish and often set 30 as the age by which they want to complete that list. Now that you’re here, you can realise that there’s still plenty of time left…so stop panicking.
5. Most people reach their highest earning potential in their 30s. It may be the one time in your life that you can actually afford the things you want.
6. Couples who have begun to build a family can enjoy their 30s as the time when they’re still young enough to keep up with their children, yet mature enough to take on the responsibility of being a parent.
7. You are still very much unformed in your teens and 20s. The doubts and uncertainties of your youth can give way to confidence inyour 30s.
8. You have just enough wisdom to understand what’s really important in life but you aren’t too jaded to enjoy it. Everthing from friendships and relationships to your professional life can be sweeter now because you’re able to fully appreciate it.
9. With newfound confidence that comes with age, you may just be even more attractive to the opposite sex and your own sex drive is at its peak.
10. The doors of opportunity are still open and you are still physically fit enough to open them and walk through.
Thirty is not the end of anything, it’s the beginning of a whole new phase of your life. The 30s are that sweet spot between pure youth and full maturity.
You’ve reached the zenith of adulthood and your life is in your hands. So don’t waste your time moaning about being old, enjoy every minute of your 30s because you only get to experience them once.