'Simple Diet Hacks for Weight Loss' is a series committed to teaching you the easiest ways to change your everyday eating plan, and help you lose weight more easily …
HACK: Eat your food in THIS order
Overeating is a huge issue in our society - and it's the biggest reason people are overweight. We eat too much and move too little
One of the best ways to counteract overeating is to eat your food in the correct order at every meal.
You know every meal should have water, fruit/veg, unprocessed starch and protein, right? Eating these in the right order helps you to fill up on the right stuff, and then stop eating - which requires discipline.
The correct order is this:
- Water - drink a big glass a few minutes before the meal. This will make you feel full sooner.
- Fruit/veg - the fibre and nutrient content of your meal is largely derived from these, so they must be given priority.
- Protein - whether it's beans, peas, fish, meat, eggs, or tofu you should eat this next.
- Complex carbs - eat healthy, unprocessed carbs. One potato, a small portion of brown rice, one piece of toast. Carbohydrates are essential for brain function and energy, but you don’t need a lot to keep you going, unless you're very active or athletic.
View previous 'Simple Diet Hacks' below:
- Simple Diet Hacks for Weight Loss: Wake up with water
- Simple Diet Hacks for Weight Loss: How to choose a healthy meal
- Simple Diet Hacks for Weight Loss: Choose THIS kind of plate
- Simple Diet Hacks for Weight Loss: Don't weigh your food, weigh yourself
- Simple Diet Hacks for Weight Loss: Predictability wins the diet war
- Simple Diet Hacks for Weight Loss: Have a liquid lunch
- Simple Diet Hacks for Weight Loss: What is additive dieting?
- Simple Diet Hacks for Weight Loss: Breakfast is REALLY important
Don't miss out! Subscribe to our free Health Newsletters