Not all of us have the luxury of having a fashion stylist on call 24/7 to help us with our style choices, but now you can get up close and personal with your very own virtual fashion stylist with these handy hints and tips:
Handy style tips
• Panty lines are a big no-no. If you cannot bear the thought of wearing a thong though, invest in some Spanx â?? youâ??ll be glad you did. They are available at any good underwear or clothing retailer.
• Clean out your wardrobe periodically, and be ruthless when doing so. Be honest with yourself about what looks good on you, what needs updating and what you havenâ??t worn in a while. If you havenâ??t worn it in over 2 years, itâ??s time to get rid of it.
• Dress to your shape not the shape you wish you had.
• That said, dress to your age, not the age you wish you were.
• Donâ??t buy the latest trend if it doesnâ??t suit you. If this seasonâ??s stovepipes donâ??t fit your figure, then donâ??t buy them. You canâ??t go wrong with classic and ageless styles like straight leg or flared.
• Find a celebrity whose style you admire and try to emulate that. It will give you some direction, and once you have found your niche, it will allow you to start being more creative in your dressing.
• Donâ??t go too tight or too loose: Nothing makes you look bigger than squeezing into clothes that are clearly too small for you, and garments that are too loose will make you look bigger than you actually are.
• The best and quickest way to give yourself curves is to accentuate your waist: you can do this by using a belt (in a matching or contrasting colour) or choosing garments that cinch you in at the waist naturally.
• Stand up straight: This will make you look taller and more confident.
• Wear a strapless bra with all thin-strapped and strapless shirts and dresses.
• Practice walking in high-heels before taking them out into public.
• Bright colours bring attention to an area â?? make sure you wear them wisely and only on your most flattering body parts.