Add an interesting twist to an old favourite with these easy hair DIYs. Add some pizazz to your ponytail with these two classy and cute looks - the perfect way to put some spring into spring.
Ponytails lend an air of youth and innocence to whoever's wearing them. They can be extremely versatile and worn with everything from a sequinned mini to a pair of jeans. Re-invent your ponytail with these chic DIY hairdos.
Things you'll need for ponytail 1
- A hairband
- Nine hairpins
- A hairbrush
- Two hairclips
Getting started with DIY Spring ponytail 1<img src="http://ok-woman.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ponytail-2.jpg" border="0" width="250" height="118" style="margin: 10px; float: right;">
Start off by dividing your hair into three sections and clip the two sections on either side of your head up. Gather the hair in the middle section and fasten it into a ponytail in the centre of your head. Brush the ponytail lightly and unclip one of the side sections.
Adding flair to the look. Divide the section into three equal parts and twist each part individually, wrap around the base of the ponytail and pin in place. If your hair is long, you may need to wrap it around a few times.
To create a more romantic look for a date or when you simply want to feel pretty, try curling the ends of your ponytail and adding some pretty clips to your hair. The end look is adorable.
What you'll need for look 2
- Three hairbands
- A few hairpins
- A hairbrush
DIY Spring ponytail 2
- Divide your hair into two equal parts and tie into two identical ponytails alongside each other.
- Take one section of hair (about half a centimetre thick) from each ponytail and wrap it around the base of the hairband repeatedly until it is completely covered and pin in place.
- Tie the two ponytails together to create a knot where they meet.
- Take two sections of hair (about half a centimetre thick) from either side of the ponytail and wrap them around the hairband as you did earlier.
- Pin into place and you're all done.
Don't miss out! Subscribe to our free Fashion & Beauty Newsletter